Python oneliner For Kenwood Kiss Mode

I'm tiring of using a terminal to put my Kenwood radios' TNCs into kiss mode. Here's a oneliner in python that will do the same thing. Why Python? My experience with Ruby and the satpack code was that its serial library was hard to get going on windows. This should be more portable, and get the job done:

python -c 'import serial;ser=serial.Serial("/dev/ttyUSB0", 9600, timeout=1);ser.write("kiss on\r\n");print ser.readlines();ser.write("restart\r\n");print ser.readlines();'

It should reply something like this:

['kiss on\r\n', 'KISS was OFF\r\n', 'cmd:']
['r']

Comments

  1. Hello,
    I have a TH-D7 handheld and I would like to use with my Raspberry as an APRS iGate.
    Can you help me plaease step by step to make it ???


    TNX de SV5BYR Mike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Building and Operating a Transmitter from the Roaring 20s

Defining a 49:1 EFHW Transformer's Losses