Pryvit ('hello') to fellow QRP'rs from the Ukraine, whose national club's website linked to this blog. My Ukrainian colleague gave me these phrases, promising me that they are friendly!
I've built the QFH antenna recently published in QST. The result is very omni-directional, as advertized; but I found the construction rather difficult. Here are some notes on the process.
Lots of progress with 'satpack', my Arduino-based full-doppler-tuning satellite tracking application. On the right, you see a cardboard mockup of the pcb. On the software side, I've checked a fully working version of the code into the SVN repository.
Ontario's new distracted driving legislation apparently does not have the exemption for two-way radios that many similar laws include. Indeed, at first glance, it seems that the situation in Ontario is far worse than south of the US border. In my opinion, though, the battle over distracted driving is one that the international amateur radio fraternity probably can't win and in some circumstances ought not to fight. Instead, we should use the Ontario situation to do what we do best: look for technical solutions to this problem and highlight our ingenuity in the face of changing social norms.
Comments
Post a Comment